Interior Painting 101
- Choose the right color: Inasmuch as this may sound quite simple, it is vital to have a good sense of color combinations for the whole project since the a large portion of the outcome will be determined by the color. Always run some background checks on the best type of paint for your location and weather condition.
- Be Prepared: To be prepared for an interior paint job is to know which tools are needed, the best way to prepare the surface, the choice of brush or roller to be used and the lighting of the room to be painted. It is highly recommended that you don’t paint your house in a way that is out of order, or with the wrong color. Also, don’t forget to remove all hardware and lay drop cloths to keep safe from paint splatter.
If you want to have the best interior paint job you could ever imagine, it is important that you avoid the following practices;
- Don’t rush the process; interior painting requires proper planning and attention. Make sure you dedicate as much time and focus as possible to the project. Patience Grasshopper!
- Don’t apply any finish unless the wall is properly sanded. It is also important that you don't use latex over oil.paint. Your new finish will fail.
- Don’t close the doors and windows while painting; painting in a poorly ventilated area could be dangerous to your health. The fumes can be nasty!